In the aftermath of Covid, the world will need to rebuild economically and politically. To prepare for this, the Startup Societies Foundation is hosting a virtual summit that will explore how special jurisdictions can combat pandemics and rebuild governance institutions & economics in the aftermath of Covid 19.
This conference will explore how small and special jurisdictions have an advantage when dealing with coronavirus and similar pandemics. Their size makes it more manageable for governments to trace goods, people, and to implement drastic measures to fight health threats. Successful containment strategies within Hong Kong, Singapore and Macau are evidence of this.
Other special jurisdictions, like Special Economic Zones (SEZ) can
facilitate trade as states enact policies to reduce transmission. Trade
barriers will likely follow recent travel restrictions as states are more
motivated to control their own supply chains. Yet states must still
trade. SEZs can provide a bastion of global exchange amid mounting tensions.
Also, SEZs that focus on medical technologies can help firms create preventive
treatments or vaccines. These innovative Zones can also be administered by
Distributed Ledger Technologies, reducing the need for physical contact.
Special jurisdictions should be at the forefront of PostCovid 19 policy by providing innovative, accountable, and nimble governance. Now, at the depth of the pandemic, is the time to lay the foundations. Don’t Panic. Build.
All ticket holders will receive a free copy of our how-to manual to create Startup Societies. Also, to support decentralized applications, the conference will also accept cryptocurrencies to purchase tickets.
Here are some of our speakers:
- Prince Michael of Liechtenstein – Founder of Geopolitical Intelligence Services
- Tim Draper- Founder of Draper Associates
- Balaji Srinivasan – Former General Partner at Andreessen Horowitz
- Taavi Kotka – Founder of Estonia’s eResidency Program
- Mwiya Musokotwane – Founder of Nkwashi Private City
- Roger Ver – CEO of Bitcoin.com
- Wade Shepard – Author of Ghost Cities
- Ibrahim Natour – Mayor of Rawabi City
- James Ehrlich – CEO of Regen Villages
- Mark Beer – Chairman and Co-Founder of The Metis Institute
- Dr. Andreas Baumgartner- CEO and Co-Founder of The Metis Institute
- Oliver Porter – Founder of Sandy Springs Georgia
- Robin Hanson – Professor at George Mason University
- Brittany Kaiser – Co-Founder at Own Your Data Foundation
- Lotta Moberg – Author of the Political Economy of Special Economic Zones
- Claude Baissac – Former President of the World Economic Zone Association
- Jason Potts – Professor of Economic at RMIT and Director of Blockchain Innovation Hub
- Titus Gebel – Free Private Cities
- Michael Castle Miller – Director of Politas
- Jim Coleman – Head of Economics at WSP
- Tom W Bell – Author of Your Next Government?
- Nathalie Mezza-Garcia – CEO of Seaphia
- Michael Strong – Radical Social Entrepreneurs
- Jason Blick – CEO of Eqibank
- Ricardo Plata Sarabia – Secretary of Economic Development for Barranquilla City
- Ricardo Vives Guerra – President of Puerta de Oro
- Joe Quirk – The Seasteading Institute
- Mark Frazier – Chairman of the Startup Societies Foundation
- Mark Lutter – Director of the Charter Cities Institute
- Trent Larson – Principal Developer at Medici Land Governance
- Rik Willard – CEO of the Agentic Group
- Joel Telpner – Senior Partner at Sullivan and Worcester LLP
- Joe Sanchis – Founder of Queue Technologies
- Marquis Cabrera – CEO of Stat Zero Ventures
- Mondher Khanfir – FEMOZA Advisor
- Early Boykins – Director of Andra Capital
- Marie-Noel Nsana – Former Vice President of AML Compliance at CitiBank
- Adam Traidman – CEO of BRD Wallet
- Brent Tanner – Chief Operating Officer of Citibank SA Brasil
- David Johnston – Managing Director of Yeoman Capital
- Aaron Voisine – Co-Founder & Senior Core Architect of Bread Wallet