Dear Liberlanders, friends, and supporters,
The Republic of Liberland and her Provisional Government are staunch supporters of the right of every individual to free speech; i.e. to say what they want in the way they see fit. We encourage all of you to participate and contribute your knowledge and expertise to our noble effort to build a truly free country. We seek to safeguard this right on our platforms, online and otherwise.
The right of free speech gives you great power: the ability to convince others with your arguments. As free speech absolutists, we must walk a fine line: on the one hand, we must prevent abuse and ensure that you feel comfortable participating in our platforms. On the other hand, we must entertain a diversity of ideas and opinions.
We are mindful of our great responsibility to you and the whole project and our country, would like to remind you of the following:
- Liberland.org is the primary platform that the Provisional Government of Liberland uses to communicate.
- We also use various social media accounts to issue official statements. Those include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn, among others.
- Registered users may communicate with one another on https://forum.liberland.org/ or in the various chat groups on Signal, Whatsapp or Telegram.
- While not a government organ, Liberland Press frequently reports on Liberland news and reprints official statements from the government.
If you see an article retweeted or shared on social media and doubt whether the information comes from us, please check the above sites.
Liberland.org is used for official governmental communications; the Liberland Press may also share opinions of individual Provisional Government members or representatives and other contributors. These opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Provisional Government of Liberland.
- The members of the Provisional Government are
- President: Vít Jedlička
- Vice President: Boguslaw Wozniak
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: Thomas Walls
- Minister of Finance: Navid Saberin
- Secretary of State: Tariq Abbasi
- Deputy Minister of Interior Affairs: Samuel Der-Kazaryan
- Deputy Minister of Justice: Michal Ptacnik
If you see one of those accounts speak in the name of Liberland, you may assume that they are legitimate. If you wish to know whether a certain statement comes from Liberland or the reasoning behind it, please ask them or verify with our official sites.
- On the following website, you will find our Representatives:
Representatives are very active in their professional and personal lives and busy themselves with many other projects besides Liberland. As such, they may express opinions that are not necessarily relevant to Liberland.
If a personal opinion of one of our representatives or even a member of the Provisional Government offends your sensibilities or you feel it is untrue, please, let them know! We are sure that a productive dialogue can ensue. We will, however, not “cancel” them, nor will we cancel you for voicing a controversial opinion. We may remind users, though, to maintain standards of civility and decorum.
Certain forms of speech are unacceptable and do not represent the values we stand for. As such, they may be barred from our platforms. These are:
- gross insults, yelling, flaming, trolling or other disruptive behavior;
- spam or unsolicited commercial promotions;
- unsolicited contacts, harassment, obscenity, etc.
- threats of any kind; and
- calls to attack someone physically, harass them online, doxxing, etc.
Other forms of speech are allowed. This means that some may be offended, triggered and your peace can be disturbed in other ways by other visitors to our platforms or even by us.
Our commitment is to freedom of speech. As such, it is impossible to aspire to be “safe spaces” the same way mainstream online platforms claim to do. Accessing our platforms means that you understand that you may not always be affirmed by others in your identity, opinions or worldview.
If you wish to ask us any questions regarding this subject or offer any suggestions, please let us know! You may find us on https://forum.liberland.org/.
Liberland team for Media and Communications