This afternoon at the Prague Hilton Hotel the President of Liberland along with a distinguished panel of guests held a press conference regarding the future development plans of Liberland. Here are some of the highlights:
– The Liberland Government has drawn cadastral maps of its territories which will be officially registered in the Czech Republic
– Plans for the Liberland Parlaiment Building were unveiled. The dilapidated hunting lodge which already sits on Liberland territory will be refashioned into a new building, as designed by an Irish architect.
– Citizenship matters were discussed. Of the more than 300,000 citizenship applications received, 38,526 applicants have met the criteria to remain fully eligible for citizenship, including tens of thousands of applicants from Europe, The Middle East, Africa and the Americas.
– Thus far citizenship has only been issued to around 100 persons, all of whom have contributed directly to Liberland on site. The President noted that for now, citizenship will only be issued on weekends to people who travel to Liberland to contribute.
– The President, on behalf of the Liberland government and its people, pledged to accept and apply a number of international treaties, including the Geneva Conventions.
– The Liberland Settlement Corporation was announced as the official first incorporated company of Liberland. LSC CEO Niklas Niklas Nikolajsen accepted by saying “Thank you Mr. President on behalf of the shareholders and the board we are pleased to be incorporated in Liberland”
– The President announced his plans to register a company in Hong Kong, in which people from around the world will be invited to invest directly in Liberland.
– Liberland Citizens watched the livestream of the press conference from a restaurant in Serbia.